In today’s world, digital transformation is on every business’s agenda. Especially in the phase of pandemic, we have seen an accelerated need for innovation, agility, and efficiency within industries. In a recent study by Accenture, 90% of business and IT executives agreed that to be agile and resilient, they need to fast-forward digital transformation, especially with cloud adoption at the core of their strategy.
Organizations today need to assess where they currently stand, address competitive gaps, and re-design their cross-functional business processes to achieve agility and flexibility. Moving to the cloud is one of the primary ways to do that.
Early last year, SAP announced RISE, a subscription program the company describes as digital transformation as a service with cloud at its core. Unlike its earlier innovations, with RISE, SAP is not focusing on creating new functionalities but on bundling a suite of existing cloud-based SAP assets and tools focused on providing organizations with business transformation as a service. Let’s now understand in depth about RISE with SAP.
WHAT IS RISE with SAP?
RISE with SAP is a comprehensive cloud solution that includes:
- Cloud ERP: SAP S/4HANA Cloud ERP Software is a backbone for every business need.
- Business Process Transformation Starter Pack: Helps accelerate SAP S/4HANA Cloud Transformation and includes SAP Signavio Process Insights, SAP Signavio Process Manager, and SAP Signavio Process Collaboration Hub.
- Business Platform and Analytics: Build an innovative and data-driven organization using SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) and SAP S/4HANA Cloud that provides you with real-time insights and automates business processes
- Business Networks: Services included in SAP Business Network Pack connect the S/4HANA system to the SAP Business Network and Support To Transact With Trading Partners On SAP Business Network.
- Outcome-driven Services and Tools: Consists of services and tools from SAP and its partners. It includes Global Strategic Service Partners, Cloud Infrastructure partners, and Value Added Reseller (VAR) Partners.
- Industry Next Scalable and Extensible Practices: Primarily, when announced in January 2021, the RISE program predominantly targeted five industries: Automotive, Consumer Products, Industry machinery & components, and Retail & Utilities. With newer releases, more and more industries stand to benefit from RISE with SAP.
HOW DOES RISE with SAP HELP BUSINESSES?
- Helps understand business position: With RISE, SAP enables you to understand your current business position compared to your peers. The main objective is highlighting areas where you might lag and lose a competitive advantage.
- Recommends solution for growth: SAP recommends in which direction you must proceed with your RISE program on your transformation journey.
- Empowers cloud adoption: RISE with SAP allows companies to get started with cloud SAP solutions and encourages them to embrace the SaaS model to relieve them from the load of building servers, installing applications, and configuring them in the business environment. RISE helps customers apply technology to conduct their business better rather than running the technology itself.
- Suggests right tool or applications: Along with cloud adoption, RISE helps take out the guesswork about what tools or applications an organization may need; Instead, the comprehensive suite of applications, tools, and services within RISE takes care of every business needs.
THE COMPONENTS OF RISE with SAP INCLUDES:
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Suite:
- SAP uses its flagship ERP cloud suite, S/4HANA cloud, to run all your systems on the cloud with real-time business statistics and analytics.
- With the RISE program, customers can work with SAP global partners to get a tailored offering when migrating their operations to the S/4HANA cloud without negatively impacting the business’s infrastructure.
- The various tools and services that SAP and its global partners offer considerably simplify migration challenges.
- SAP also works with hyperscalers to understand the infrastructure required for the move that you are contemplating with the RISE program.
SAP Business Network Starter Pack:
The RISE with SAP Business Network starter pack essentially brings three networks to the customer:
- Ariba Business Network: Access to the full functionality with a subscription of up to 2000 preconfigured and pre-defined procure-to-pay documents to enable transactions. Additionally, you can access their Network Connectivity Services and Network Onboarding Services.
- Asset Intelligence Network: Integration with S/4 HANA to exchange asset information with your equipment manufacturers
- Logistics Business Network: Enables integration with S/4HANA to set up freight collaboration process.
SAP Business Technology Platform:
- SAP Business Technology Platform or BTP is the technological foundation for all SAP applications and the Intelligent Enterprise.
- It brings automation, data and analytics, AI, application development, and integration under one roof to help customers achieve agility and business value through integration and constant innovation.
- SAP provides you with credits to use the platform when you sign up for RISE with SAP.
- SAP also extends the rights to use the SAP assets and tools for supply, asset management, and logistics.
Business Process Intelligence:
There are seven components to the business process intelligence capabilities of RISE with SAP:
- Analyze component: It allows data scientists to leverage system data to identify what’s working and what’s not and understand how users work within the system.
- Design and simulate component: Helps you leverage existing business data to create and run business simulations to determine the best result.
- Improve component: Helps you leverage advanced technologies like AI, no-code automation, and other advanced tools like SAP intelligent RPA to increase efficiency.
- Roll out and govern component: Eases process management and governing. Allows collaboration and rollout of crucial documentation to all users from a single source.
- Monitor component: It keeps tabs on solution performance and ensures everything runs smoothly.
- Model and manage “Home Base” component: It is associated with the rollout and govern component as it gives departments a management area to collaborate on and view core processes.
- Benchmark component: Helps you compare your businesses via aggregated industry information provided by SAP to enable concrete comparative analysis and provides recommendations for improvement areas.
- RISE with SAP provides access to services related to lifecycle management, analytics, support, and more to help customers move effectively to the cloud ERP solution like SAP S/4HANA cloud.
- Some examples of services that RISE with SAP provides access to include deployment services and legacy code removal, supply chain process improvement, business scenario planning, and intelligent business design.
HOW DOES RISE with SAP CONTRACT WORK?
RISE with SAP is a ‘one-stop’ solution for all your transformation needs and includes software, services, and infrastructure. It comes with two options:
- One offer: Get SAP bundled products at a single price.
- One contract: Effectively manage SLA, operations, and issue management without signing separate contracts.
RISE with SAP bundles the infrastructure, applications, industry-specific tools, process insights, and access to business networks all in the same contract offering a very comprehensive set of capabilities. RISE with SAP not only endeavors to create a contract but to work closely with you to establish a well-thought-out, robust approach that has accounted for all the risks and benefits before moving further on the path to digital transformation.
Companies today are looking at business and digital transformation as one of the primary goals on their checklist. Especially in the case of more compact organizations with smaller IT footprints and budgets, a program such as RISE helps them effectively set out on their transformation journey without hampering their existing systems or breaking the bank.
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from RISE with SAP as it is a better alternative to instituting your own infrastructure. Providing on-demand, scalable cloud models to achieve cost efficiency and business continuity has made RISE with SAP imperative among organizations to rapidly accelerate their digital business transformation plans.
SAP is a cloud-first company, and RISE with SAP helps companies scale and transform while overcoming the many hurdles in on-premise ERP models.
HOW AAKIT TECHNOLOGIES CAN HELP?
AAKIT Technologies delivers consistent and high-impact solutions to help create agile organizations. We are a certified SAP partner, and leading businesses across industries trust us as their long-term partner for implementing SAP solutions such as SAP S/4HANA to derive immense value. We offer a new SAP-generation product suite to help organizations worldwide solve complex real-time business problems and unlock business value from IT investments.
To know how we can help, write to us at email@example.com or reach out at Contact Us | SAP consulting companies in India – AAKIT Technologies